I was honored to be invited to be a part of the fabulous Nomadic Soul Diaries Instagram challenge. I've chosen to make a mixed media tag from recycled cardboard for the challenge and I've used a bunch of my favorite products to add color and texture. I am one of the Wandering Stars for June and had a stunning bright color palette to work with.
This is the inspiration board for the month of June for the Nomadic Soul Diaries and the theme of the month is STARS.
Step-by-step Video Guide to Tag Creation
Creating the Tag Base
- Cut tag to size from recycled cardboard - I used a Tim Holtz Tag as a template
- Cover the tag in gesso to stop it soaking up quite so much liquid
- Spray with Lindy's Starburst sprays drying between each color
- Apply Gold texture paste through a stencil and leave to dry
- Add Crackle paste to the edges of the tag and allow to dry
- Add Lindy's sprays and Squirts over crackle paste and spritz with water to move the colors (if needed) - allow to dry
- Mix Dina Wakley acrylic paints Lapis and Night and apply to the tag using a Waterbrush to darken the overall color. Add the thickest paint to the edges to create a frame and add paint thinned with water to some areas of the center.
- Drip on a little gold Lindy's squirts and let the whole thing dry
- Lindy's Sprays: California Poppy Gold, TiffanyLou Blue, Delphinium Turquoise and Tweedle Dee Denim
- Lindy's Squirts: Poutine Gold, Banff Blue and Polite People Purple
- Lindy's Embossing Powder: Slam Dunk Silver, Chrome Doesn't Pay, Prima Donna Purple and Of Quartz it is!
- Tim Holtz: Paper Dolls, and Quote Chips
- TCW Constellations Mini Stencil
- Dina Wakley Acrylic Paint: Lapis and Night
- Finnabair Art Basics: Heavy White Gesso
- Finnabair Art Alchemy Metallique paints - Light Patina, Crocus Fields and Rose Amour
- Ranger Texture Paste Opaque White Crackle
- Faber Castell Texture Luxe Gold
- Glossy Accents
- Dr Ph Martins Pen White
Hoping you have enjoyed taking a peek at the process I used to create this tag.