Hello and Welcome to Crafty Sisters YouTube Hop!!
You're on the beach as the sun rises over the turquoise waves, or you can smell of fresh roses, or see the peaches hanging heavy on the tree ready to pick - yes, you're looking at a beautiful summer day. My challenge today will be to capture this feeling on an art journal page! Eeep - yes I'm setting myself a BIG challenge and I have to admit it was a little intimidating - but I'll show you how I've done this as part of the Crafty Sisters Summer Dreams Hop!
In this hop, you’ll find 13 artists from all over the world sharing 13 special Mixed Media Projects with detailed tutorials, many creative tips, techniques and brilliant ideas. For this event, we have prepared amazing creations filled with bright and refreshing colors to celebrate the Summer season. We hope that you will be inspired by our creations and make your own gorgeous mixed media art pieces to cherish.
We have 31 generous sponsors who will spoil you with amazing prizes and there are some extra prizes too, as some lovely Crafty Sisters are giving away their gorgeous artworks, free online classes and goodie bags (Stay tuned while the hop, we will reveal them soon).
OK so here in Australia it's Winter and for the first time in years it's a teensy bit below 30 degrees during the day - I'm even wearing a cardigan (there is proof in the video) - so it counts as COLD for Townsville! So when I was invited to be a part of the Summer Dreams youtube hop I said yes right away, then I saw the color palette and had a minor heart attack as the colors aren't my usual thing at all! So I played with color combinations and tones and finally settles on soft pink, peach, and turquoise as my main colors with a hint of yellow/gold as the accent. This fit perfectly with the inspiration board we have been given for the hop (see the inspiration board below), now to pick a subject!
I played around with a few ideas, but inspiration struck when I went shopping for some new aromatherapy reeds - weird right - I know!! I purchased a set of reeds in an amazing cerise colored box and the inspiration was Leonardo Da Vinci (one of my favorite artists). I could start to feel an idea bubbling and that's how this page began. I decided to run with the Da Vinci theme for the page and incorporate a classic Da Vinci sketch into my page - I hope you love the result as much as I do.
Let me show you how it all came together oxox
Step 1 - Cut box to size and glue onto the page using Regular Gel Medium (Matt), then use masking tape to create a border and then apply a thin layer of gesso with a brush - leave some of the box exposed (I left the prettiest parts!)
Step 2 - Apply Regular Gel and transfer your chosen laser printed image onto the page (you can see the process for this in the video clip below)
Step 3 - Use matt gel to add rice papers to add interest to the background and then dry brush a little gesso over the top
Step 4- Use Versamark ink to add stenciled design onto the page and cover with Lindy's embossing powder - heat set
Step 5 - Apply Crackle Paste through a Tim Holtz stencil to corners and edges of the design
Step 6 - Add Lindy's Colors over the page - use both Sprays and Squirts - blot with a paper towel if you feel the color is too dark
Step 7 - Color Image with Jane Davenport pastels for a soft dreamy look
Step 8 - Add a hint of gold foil
Step 8 - Finish by adding depth and detail to the image using Magic Wand pencils and a touch of white paint pen
And your page is complete - you can see this in more detail in the step by step process video clip below
- Lindy's Sprays - C'est la vie, Cerise, Azure Sea Asters, Wild Honeysuckle Coral, Tainted Love Teal, Cafe' Au Lait and Chateau Rose
- Lindy's Squirts - Canadian Babon Blush and Poutine Gold
- Lindy's Embossing Powder - Hibiscus Rose Orange
- Jane Davenport Magic Wand Pencils, Sponge applicators, and Palette Pastels - Birthday Suit
- Tim Holtz stencils - THS075 and THS032
- Gold Foil and glue pen
- Heavy Body white gesso
- Stamperia Rice Paper
- Texture paste - Opaque Crackle
- Regular Gel Matte
- Recycled Box
- Gauze fabric
- Laser printed Leonardo Da Vinci sketch
And a few close-ups in case you don't have time to watch the video right now oxo
Now for the Hop details!
TO ENTER THE SPONSOR’S AND ARTIST’S GIVEAWAYS
To enter the sponsor’s and artist’s giveaways, you MUST follow all the rules:
- WATCH and LIKE all 13 videos.
- SUBSCRIBE to all 13 channels.
- Leave a COMMENT on each video, mention your country and tell us what you liked the most of the project.
- SUBSCRIBE to all our sponsors on YouTube /Instagram.
- SHARE using hashtag #craftysisters_hop and tag your friends.
You have time until August 19th to watch, comment and subscribe. Winners will be randomly chosen among all eligible entries and will be announced on August 28th on our social media like FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM, so make sure to follow us!! Once the winners are announced, they must contact email@example.com before September 4th to claim their prizes.
- Keren Tamir— https://youtu.be/JikK0lsnThw
- Anika Blumenthal -- https://youtu.be/89J2F38Lidk
- Nadya Drozdova— https://youtu.be/BtwHUkCn-es
- Priya Mishra— https://youtu.be/_7N7h1OTgg8
- Susanne Rose— https://youtu.be/f-MfucfI7ec
- Gerry van der Velden (Gerry’s Craft Room)— https://youtu.be/4Z1bJUtGIRg
- Emilia Sieradzan— https://youtu.be/9Cimetpic4U
- Monika Shukla (UrooCreations)— https://youtu.be/MSxnWU8Ll0I
- Sanda Reynolds— https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmpNifWSwX0
- Marilyn Rivera— https://youtu.be/n3_CE0Z-hy4
- Jessica Larios— https://youtu.be/1aJkHrr3pdM
- Kate Palmer— https://youtu.be/Ai4OGhiRUC8 <- - YOU ARE HERE
- Vidhi Jadeja—https://youtu.be/7E-Mmyb6N0Q
OUR FABULOUS SPONSORS
- Prima Marketing Inc
- Craft Consortium
- Lindy’s Gang
- 49 and Market
- 2 Crafty Chipboards
- 7 Dots Studio
- Creative Embellishments
- 14 Craft Bar
- Lady E Design
- Rubber Dance Stamps
- Blank Page Muse
- Bloomar Designs
- Elizabeth Craft Designs
- My Creative Scrapbook
- Freetany Flowers
- Little Birdie Crafts
- Dress My Craft
- Expressions craft
- Mudra Craft Stamps
- The Element Craft Studio
- Tubby Craft
- Crafters Emporio
- Rainbow Craftykari
- FabScraps: $75 goodies bag + international shipping
- Prima Marketing Inc: $50 retail value mixed media supplies + shipping
- Lindy’s Stamp Gang: $50 gift certificate
- 49 and Market: $50 goodies bag
- LemonCraft: $50 goodies bag
- Scrap FX: $50 goodies bag
- Scrapmatts.com: $50 goodies bag
- MITFORM: $40 goodies bag + international shipping
- My Creative Scrapbook: Main Kit package + shipping
- Craft Consortium: £35 goodies and £5 + £10 gift certificates
- Creative Embellishment: $30 goodies bag
- 2Crafty Chipboards: $30 goodies bag + international shipping
- 7 Dots Studio: €30 goodies bag
- 14 Craft Bar: €30 gift certificate
- Joggles: $30 gift certificate
- Freetany Flowers: 100 Flowers + shipping
- Rubber Dance: €25 goodies bag
- Lady E Design: 3 Die sets of winner’s choice
- Little Birdie Crafts: $25 gift certificate + international shipping
- Dress My Craft: $25 gift certificate
- Blank Page Muse: $20 gift certificate
- Elizabeth Craft Designs: $20 discount gift certificate
- Bloomar Designs: $20 goodies bag
- Mudra Craft Stamps: $20 goodies bag + national shipping
- Expressions Craft: $20 gift certificate + national shipping
- CrafTreat: INR1500 goodies bag + national shipping
- Tubby Craft: INR 1500 goodies bag + national shipping
- Crafters Emporio: INR1500 gift certificate
- The Element Craft Studio: INR1500 gift certificate
- Connect4sale: INR1000 goodies bag + national shipping
- Rainbow Craftykari: INR500 gift certificate