Welcome to the Stamperia Hop!
We want to celebrate Stamperia and their range of art supplies, so Stamperia sent some awesome products to every corner of the planet and we’ve created 13 fabulous projects with them. Hop along and you have a chance to win one of the 10 mystery boxes Stamperia is giving away (more details at the end of this post). I feel very honored to be a part of the super awesome international Stamperia Hop and I can't wait to share what I have made.
Today I really wanted to play with some of my new goodies, see what they can do, how I could use them together and just create a pretty page for my art journal - mission accomplished! So follow along as I test out the Stamperia Image Transfer products, share a few tips and tidbits that I hope you will find useful and learn how to create something like this page for yourself.
Basic Process to Create Stamperia Poppy Page
- Cut background paper to size and fussy cut images from rice paper sheet
- Cut out any extra elements from rice paper eg: leaves or ladybugs (lady beetles)
- Position elements on your page and check the spacing, you need to make sure everything will fit and there is enough space for the stenciled text
- Tear transfer paper into pieces, making sure to remove any headings or bold text that might be distracting
- Brush Transfer Gel over the background and add images print side down, smooth down to make sure the paper is stuck to the gel - leave for 30 mins
- Paint the back of the rice paper images with white gesso and leave to dry
- Wet the transfer paper and gently rub off the backing paper, re-wet and rub again if any paper is left
- Glue poppy onto the background with Mixed Media Glue and leave to dry - spray or paint with matt medium to neutralise shine
- Edge page with Distress Inks
- Mix Blending Gel with Acrylic paint and apply with a damp brush (I used Nickel Azo Gold for the image outline and Quinacridone Rose to enhance the poppy red color)
- Add black gesso through Stamperia Stencil
- Add black ink from Pentel brush pen & spread with a water brush to enhance the black areas of the poppy
- Add Gold Contour Outliner from Stamperia
- Glue page onto a black backing card and then into your journal and finish off with white highlights if you wish.
Image Transfer Tips and Tricks
- Add a layer of clear gesso to the project BEFORE beginning the image transfer - this will protect the background images and papers and means if you rub a little too hard when removing the paper that you won't remove anything important from the lower layers!
- Better to remove a little backing paper each time to keep your transfer crisp and perfect!
- It might take anywhere between 2-5 wetting and rubbing sessions to remove all the backing paper - better to go slow than ruin your image.
- Big Bold black areas of image transfer pack a real punch - use sparingly!
- Make sure you don't have straight edges (unless you are wanting a grid look) - keep those torn edges rough and random
- Check the positioning of main images before you start transferring your images.
- If using Stamperia Transfer gel it dries shiny - a quick spray with Workable Matt Fixative or a layer of Matt Medium will remove the shine!
Leaving a few little bits of backing paper on your transfer can make it look more shabby and distressed - you can see some of these below.
Image transfers are amazing as background elements as they allow any underlying elements to show through, you can see the pattern on the paper peeking through in this photo.
Now, Stamperia sent me a box full of yummy supplies but I couldn't cram them all onto one project, so today I have used the following goodies from my mystery box.
- 12 x 12 paper pad - Wonderland,
- White gesso,
- Modeling Paste - White,
- Gold Contour Liner,
- Stamperia brushes,
- KSD286 Stencil,
- Transfer Paste,
- Mixed Media Glue,
- DFTR054 Transfer Paper - News,
- Transfer Gel,
- Blending Gel and
- Rice Paper - Botanic Poppies
- Golden Fluid Acrylic - Quinacridone Red and Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold
- Distress Ink: Black Soot and Rusty Hinge
- Pentel Black Brush pen
- Water brush
- White Sharpie Paint pen
- Black Gesso
Now for a few close-ups so you can see some of the details of my page.
So before we get to the prizes I just wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to Stamperia for my super yummy box of goodies, I have loved playing with your products and think I might have just found a few must-have supplies in that box!
STAMPERIA HOP RULES
- WATCH + LIKE all the 13 videos
- Leave a COMMENT on each video telling us what you liked the most of the project
- SUBSCRIBE to the 13 channels and to Stamperia channel
You have time until FEBRUARY 10TH to watch, comment and subscribe.
Winners will be randomly chosen among those who follow the rules and will be announced on February 12th ONLY in our FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM so make sure you follow us!!
Once the winners are announced, they must contact [email protected] before February 17th to claim the prizes
- Marina Blaukitchen: https://youtu.be/NLpNWSjYMy0
- Alicia García Ramos - Aligarartscrap: https://youtu.be/_ABRpdGo8WY
- Kathy Clement - Kathy by Design: https://youtu.be/4KwgTu18gCA
- Aditi & Sunila - Dots to Lines- https://youtu.be/PQUqtG8qHtg
- Keren Tamir: https://youtu.be/6pqM5bN0Y3w
- Asia Marquet: https://youtu.be/TGnlO4gIUjw
- Kate Palmer: https://youtu.be/CF8-dUeh8-o
- Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety): https://youtu.be/vcpyw9j6xgQ
- Olga Bielska: https://youtu.be/aiLWp8pNqkE
- Heather Thompson: https://youtu.be/3sLyc8kopOI
- Nuneka Box: https://youtu.be/w8RMSwhIlGg
- Natassa Blazaki: https://youtu.be/I2uBXMzxYvQ
- Noura Pompilla: https://youtu.be/NV2sbupHNIo
- Heather Thompson: https://youtu.be/3sLyc8kopOI
- STAMPERIA: https://www.youtube.com/user/stamperiawebteam