Today I'm going to share all my best secrets for making a simple Shaker Card, no fussing about just quick, simple and reliable! If that's not enough I've made this card using the beautiful Prima Rose Quartz collection and shimmering Starburst sprays from Lindy's as part of a very special Christmas YouTube Hop with some amazing artists - I can't wait for you to see what Tiffany, Bona, Anita, Lanette and Tantalya have created!
To make a card like this you'll need to gather the following supplies:
AFFILIATE LINKS IN USE WHERE POSSIBLE
- Lindy's Starbursts: Gag me with a spoon grey, Silent Night Silver
- Lindy's Sidewalk Chalk Flat Fabio Spray and Toto's Tornado Black
- Memory Box Dies: Stitched Circle Trees and Deer Family
- Prima Paper Pad: Rose Quartz 6x6, Prima Leaves, Prima Flowers - Rose Dream, Prima Adhesive Gems
- Nested Circle Die
- Flat Back Pearls, Crafty Sparkles Glitter, Glitter Haven - Sand Dollar, Sequins
- X-Press It: Double Sided Adhesive Tape and Double Sided Foam Tape
- Green Tara Crystal spray
- Copic Markers: R85, C5 and R81
- Crystal Snowflake Brad
- Glossy Accents
- Red Lead: Wooden Word - Joy
Start by spraying two pieces of card with some sparkly Lindy's Starburst Sprays: I used Gag Me With a Spoon Grey, Toto's Tornado Black and Silent Night Silver.
Flick a little Silent Night Silver onto the lightest coloured piece of card. This will be the top layer.
Use two coordinating Memory Box Dies to cut the images for the shaker scene - one from the lighter Starburst sprayed card and one from the darker piece.
Layer the dies behind the paler piece of card (after cutting a circle from it) and use both double-sided adhesive tape and double sided foam tape to add height.
Create a little pile of glitter, sequins and whatever else you would like on top of the base card - place it directly in the centre of where the cut out hole will be positioned and then layer the front panel directly over the top.
Then all you need to do is add a few little embellishments to the card and you're finished!
Of course I filmed the whole creation step-by-step so you can create your own shaker card along with me if you like oxoxo You can watch the process in the video below and see every little detail - enjoy!
Don't forget there are several gift vouchers to be won so remember to comment on each of the YouTube videos and follow the instructions in each clip to enter the individual prize draws for a chance to win a couple of gift cards. One up for grabs is $25 gift card to your choice of store and the other one up for grabs is $25 to the Lindy's Store!! Be sure to check out each video. Feel free to share!
- Tiffany Solorio - https://youtu.be/n4oU-LONcgI
- Anita Bownds - https://youtu.be/GXKwJuoJ7Yw
- Lanette Erickson - https://youtu.be/Gs41Nx_L9m0
- Kate Palmer - https://youtu.be/kCv2jNjzLpA
- Tantalaya McKinney - https://youtu.be/LQ4Un9pLY5Y
- Bona Rivera-Tran -https://youtu.be/Gw2-LmwX0IE