I'm so excited! I had so many people asking me why I was so quiet in the last quarter of 2016 - well it's because I was busily working away on my very first online class, being hosted over at Big Picture Classes!
Well you all know I love my supplies - all of them! I thought I'd start by showing new card makers how to use their basic supplies in a few different ways to make them stretch just that little bit further and so Creative Cardmaking Basics was conceived.
The class description is:
You don't need every tool out there to make beautiful cards! Kate Palmer encourages you to take your basic supplies further by teaching you 14 amazing techniques using dye ink pads, stamps, embossing powder, paper and embellishments. She walks you through each technique with a detailed video, sharing helpful tips that will help you master each one. You'll wrap things up by combining what you've learned into a series of cards, and leave the class with a creative arsenal full of clever techniques.
Here's a little peek at what we'll be doing to some plain white ribbons and flowers!
What You'll Learn?
Interested in knowing more? Well we'll be taking a look at ALL of the following:
- How to use simple paper masks to create stamped collages
- How to create 3-D stamped images
- How to create an awesome and super fast background using stamps and stencils
- How to create watercolor backgrounds with ANY Dye ink pad
- How to create a colorful embossed resist background
- How to use your Dye ink pads as paint
- How to use paper scraps to create a patchwork card background in under 2 minutes
- How to change the look of your card or paper in 5 simple ways
- How to create an ombre embossed effect
- How to create a rainbow embossed word
- How to create free-form embossed embellishments
- How to color ribbon in 5 different ways
- How to custom color store bought paper flowers
Not a member of Big Picture Classes - no problem!
You can take a trial and do my class for free (this is how I started out with Big Picture) it's the perfect way to get a great look at what's on offer and to see if it's something you like. I ended up subscribing as there a soooooo many yummy classes to look at from paper crafts to photography! See what you think! If you do decide to become a member it will cost you just $9.95 per month and you can take as many classes as you like. Pretty great value!
So if you're new to card making or just want to have a peek and see what I've been doing, I hope to see you over on Big Picture Classes for Creative Cardmaking Basics, starting Monday 23rd of January 2017.