Today I'm conducting a little experiment and testing 3 Minc mediums produced by Heidi Swapp - the Minc Reactive Screen Ink, Minc Reactive Mist & Metallic Texture Paste, over 3 popular brands of spray - both sparkly and not sparkly. For my test, I decided to use the extremely sparkly Time Travel Teal - Starburst from Lindy's Stamp Gang, Teal Color Shine from Heidi Swapp and the Cracked Pistachio Distress Spray Stain from Ranger and Tim Holtz. Between these 3 sprays, I have a variety of challenges for the Minc mediums including mica particles, slick surfaces, and paper saturation. Any of which have produced some horrific results in previous attempts to add foil and rub-ons to projects!
I've recorded the process so you can see exactly what I did, you can watch my little experiment below or over on my YouTube channel.
I found the results quite surprising and have to say I was a little shocked - in a really GOOD way!
- All 3 Heidi Swapp mediums (Ink, Mist and Paste) stuck to the sprayed background without a problem. I had consistently great results from all 3 products over each of the 3 sprays - neither mica, slick surface or ink saturation provided any challenge at all.
- The Minc foil covered all 3 mediums beautifully - though there were tiny bits of white still visible on the edges of the Minc Reactive Ink.
- The Minc Foil stuck to the Heidi Swapp Gold Texture Paste - so this product is a good substitute if you can't find the Mink Reactive Ink.
- For the most part, the foil only stuck where there was a product (Ink, Mist or Paste) though there was a tiny bit of transfer to the shiny particles in the Color Shine Spray.
Overall I'm pretty impressed, the machine foiled well over a variety of surfaces and thicknesses, the mediums went on perfectly over several different sprays and the watercolor paper proved just perfect. So far I'm giving the Mini Minc machine 5 out of 5 stars and it looks like I'll be having loads of fun with this.
- Heidi Swapp - Color Shine Spray 'Teal', Minc Reactive Mist, Minc Reactive Screen Ink, Gold Texture Paste, Minc Stencil 'Triangles', Gold Minc Foil and Mini Minc Machine
- Ranger and Tim Holtz - Distress Spray Stain 'Cracked Pistachio'
- Lindy's Stamp Gang - Starburst Spray 'Time Travel Teal'
If you'd like to check out more of the supplies available for the Minc I grabbed mine from Simon Says Stamp
* Affiliate Links in use, no extra cost to you but perhaps a new pen for me