Today I was inspired to play with matching envelopes and cards and thought I'd try something simple with my Magicals from Lindy's Stamp Gang. I have to admit that I don't send as many cards or decorated envelopes as I used to - so when I do send something I like to try and make it look a little special and let the recipient know I'm thinking of them - my version of sending a big hug through the mail.
You Will Need
Lindy's Stamp Gang Products
- Magicals: Green With Envy Green or My Mojito Green, Autumn Maple Crimson, Poinsettia Red & Midnight Rendezvous Raven
- Stamps: Donna Downey Poppies from Unity Stamp Company and Childhood Garden from Inkadinkado
- Versamark Watermark Ink Pad & Onyx Black Ink Pad
- Delicata Gold Ink Pad
- Liquitex Acrylic Ink - Carbon Black
- Pan Pastel: Bright Yellow Green, Hansa Yellow Extra Dark & Diarylide Yellow Tint
To create the matching card and envelope:
Ink stamp with Versamark clear ink and using the Magicals as a dry powder, apply power with small paint brush - I started with Autumn Maple Crimson.
Add a touch of Midnight Rendezvous Raven to the centre of the flower.
Spritz with water and stamp onto the envelope - without adding any more powder, continue to spritz and stamp until colour becomes too pale.
This creates beautiful watercolour effect images in a variety of shades.
Mask off poppies and stamp a bold black outline for each flower,
I used a stamp positioner to make sure of placement.
Mix up a little of each colour ( Green With Envy Green or My Mojito Green, Autumn Maple Crimson, Poinsettia Red & Midnight Rendezvous Raven ) with water in a palette
and use a small brush to flick drops onto project.
Allow to dry and the envelope is finished!
This project is now ready to post off to someone and I hope you will share any mail art you create over on Keep It Simply Sparkly on Facebook.