Today I will be using a few supplies from my X-Press It and Copic hoard to create a bright and happy journal page, using my 'word' for the new year! I've chosen the word 'Bloom' for this year as to me it seems hopeful and that's what I currently am. Hopeful that 2015 will be happy and healthy, hopeful that my art will move forward, hopeful that all the uncertainty and trials in my life will settle and that things will BLOOM!
- Copic Markers: N9, N7, N5, N3, RV06, RV09, RV69 & Blender '0'
- Copic Airbrush System
- Copic Opaque White Paint
- AtYou Spica Pens: Turquoise & Lavender
- Molotow Paint Marker: Signal White EF, Shock Blue, Currant & Skin Pastel
- X-Press It Mask It FabScraps Stencil - DS003
- Bruynzeel Aquarel Pencils (watercolour pencils)
- Unity Stamps: She Leaped and Wildflowers and Wings
How I Made It:
Gather a bold stencil, I used a pretty flower stencil from FabScraps, some favourite Copic Multi Liners for outlining and X-Press It Blending card or Blending Journal. Using pale grey, print the word Bloom onto your page or card (for more lettering tips have a look here) using a printer.
Using Memento Tuxedo Black stamp a few images onto the page (roughly mask the word with Mask It before stamping). Use Bruynzeel Aquarel pencils to add a hint of green to the stamped leaves and black to create a shadow around the figure. Blend with a waterbrush and let dry.