Neon Pink and Navy Non-Traditional Christmas Card
The crew over at Lindy's Stamp Gang are really excited to introduce the August color challenge! It is our hope that we encourage you to try new color combinations, and introduce you to new Lindy’s Stamp Gang colors!
So the rules:
- Help us spread the word! Share our color challenge graphic in your blog post and link to the Lindy’s Stamp Gang blog http://lindystampgang.wordpress.com , where the challenge can be found. For every 50 people that enter, we’ll have one giveaway! So 100 entries=2 giveaways.
- Use Lindy’s Stamp Gang products! You can use, Starbursts, Flat Fabios, Moon Shadows, Glitz Spritz, Magicals, Embossing Powders, Mica Powders… any of our stamps, laser cut-outs, or brass charms.
- Use a minimum of two colors in the color challenge.
- Link the Lindy products you used to the Lindy’s Stamp Gang store, like this: Hibiscus Rose.
Each Friday we will choose a few of the entries to feature on the Lindy’s Stamp Gang blog. Those who are featured on the blog will receive an email with a 20% off coupon to use at a time of their choosing.
My project for the challenge is inspired by the amazing photos of the American red Cardinal that you often see photographed in the wintertime, it's amazing red feathers contrasting with the snow. Well red wasn't one of the colours in the challenge so I've substituted a brilliant pink-purple cherry glitter instead and used white glitter to mimic the snow on the branch. This has turned out to be a very non-traditional Christmas card.
The background is a resist card sprayed with Tweedle Dee Denim and Cheshire Cat Cherry which in some areas have blended while wet to create a beautiful violet colour.
What I used:
Lindy's Stamp Gang Products:
- Magicals: Tweedle Dee Denim and Cheshire Cat Cherry
- Starbursts: Cheshire Cat Cherry and Tweedle Dee Denim
- Glitter: Petrified and Brocade
I have also used:
- Prima: Vintage Trinkets - Bird on branch, Rock Candy Frost - branch and Cradle Sparrow - Bird nest
- I Am Roses flowers
- Stickles: Frosted Lace and Stardust
- WOW: Square Frame
- Art Glitter - Gala Glitz white
- Pink Paislee Mistable cardstock
I really like how the stickles/Gala Glitz combination looks like snow on the branches. I felt the Brocade glitter on the bird needed something glittery to compliment it.
The flower was initially sprayed in Cheshire Cat Cherry and then was over-sprayed in Tweedle Dee Denim - more heavily sprayed on the outer petals to give a darker look. The accompanying flowers were coloured with the same combination.