LSG Colour Challenge August 2013
The crew over at Lindy's Stamp Gang are really excited to introduce the August color challenge! It is our hope that we encourage you to try new color combinations, and introduce you to new Lindy’s Stamp Gang colors! To help get those creative juices flowing I have created the following project inspired by the colours in the August Color Challenge, I can't wait to see what you all create!
Now YOU DON'T NEED TO USE ALL 4 COLOURS
I did because I wanted to replicate the sunset in the challenge image.
You can see I tried to mimic the sunset, when you place the images side by side, the orange got a little lost - but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
What I used:
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays:
Starburst: Witch's Potion Purple
Flat Fabios: Mango Mania, Hibiscus Rose & Ocean Breeze Blue
- Golden Fluid Matte Medium
- Prismacolor Pencils: Cream, Mineral Orange, Burnt Ochre, Black, White, Dahlia Purple, Light Aqua, Grass Green, Aquamarine, Pumpkin Orange
- Prismacolor Blending Pencil and Prismacolor Blender
- Versafine Ink Pad: Onxy Black
- Sharpie Paint Marker - White Extra Fine Water Based
Copic Multi Liner 0.3 & 0.5
- Acrylic Paint White (semi gloss)
Stampscapes: Cat-tails Lg, Flock in water, Lakeside Cabin, Leafy Branch, Prickly Branches, Flock in Flight, Nature Sheet #4, Tree Trunk, Spruce Tree, Twisting Leaves
Crafters Companion: Faith stamp set
Paper Artsy: Hot Pick 1005
- Memento Ink Pad: London Fog
- Faber Castell Pitt pens: 160, 186, 127, 110, 232 & 235
This is how I finished my page - I really wanted the pic to pop so I kept the other side quite minimal, but matched the colours. Before anyone asks this is not my handwriting, I printed the text onto paper and glued this onto my page.
So get cracking on this fabulous colour combo challenge and don't forget to post your entries over at http://lindystampgang.wordpress.com