Cute as a Copper Penny - Top Hat Steampunk Marci
I am so excited to be playing along with Team Friday from La-La Land Crafts for their Summer CHA release - thanks Irina! I simply adore steampunk and when Irina asked if I'd like to join in with the DT gals for this special release there is no chance I was going to say no.
The new stamps, dies and shapes are available now, so head over to your local stamp store and put in your order. For those of you who haven't seen them yet, you can find them all over on the La-La Land Crafts Blog, and the image I am playing with is Top Hat Steampunk Marci and you can see her below - as my nephew would say - 'soooo coote'.
This is the card I created with Top Hat Steampunk Marci from La-La Land Stamps...
What I used:
- La-La Land Crafts: Top Hat Steampunk Marci, Dies: Wings Set and Heart Banner
- Paper from The Paper Temptress: Eclipse Black 100, Cryogen White and Laser Silver Lustre
- Copic Markers
Hat & Gloves: E09, E19, E35, E37, E39, E59
Glasses: Boo0 & B00 + Glossy Accents
Shoes & Corset: E09, E35, E37, E59, Y11, Y15, YR24
Shirt & Socks: E0000, E40, E42
Skirt & Hat Band: B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, N5, N7 & N9
Skin: E00, E11 & E21
Hair: R24, R29, R59 + Prismacolor Pencils: Tuscan Red, Carmine Red and Black
- Background: Lindy's Stamp Gang - yes there is more info on the background coming soon...
Starbursts: Cattail Copper Brown, Delphinium Turquoise, Tibetan Poppy Teal & Teeth Chattering Teal
Flat Fabios: Toto's Tornado Black
- Tim Holtz Distress Paints: Broken China, Tarnished Brass, Peeled Paint, Antique Bronze & Black Soot
- Distress Ink Pad - Walnut Stain
- Brass Steampunk Heart Charm from Scrap Matrix
- Flowers from I Am Roses and coloured with my Shabby Chic technique (will post this soon)
- 7 Gypsies Gem Gears
- Gala Glitz in Gold
- Vintage watch parts
- Heidi Swapp Copper Clock rub-ons
- Brass ring pull
- Platinum Stickles
- Collections from the journey ribbon was from Stampington
- XPress It Clear Gel Glue and Foam Tape
Now for a look at some of the elements...
I coloured the hat so it looks like leather and made sure to keep my strokes loose and feathery. There is no 'shine' on purpose as worn leather doesn't really have a shine.
I've added clock parts and cogs to embellish the flowers for a more steampunk vibe.
I coloured the cogs and metal embellishments to look aged using Distress Paints.
Sigh - beautiful flowers with a hint of sparkle!
What I did:
- Create background using Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays (full tutorial on this next month).
- Colour Marci with Copic markers
- Colour Gears and steampunk heart metal embellishment using Distress Paints
- Colour Flowers using Shabby Chic technique (coming next week)
- Die cut banner and wings from excess background card, use XPress It Clear Gel Glue to coat wings for glossy finish.
- Use Distress Ink to slightly colour the edges of the Silver Laser Lustre card and glue down rub ons
- Use foam tape to attach Marci to card (so the image sits off the card), glue down embellishments and leave to dry.
- Add Gala Glitz to exposed glue to add a little more sparkle.
and now a couple of close-ups so you can see the details..
This is the Copic colouring I did on the hat - you can see I'm using light strokes overlapping each other to blend the colours.
I've added a tiny drop of Clear Gel glue with a toothpick to mimic buttons on the boots.
Cogs coloured with Distress Paints to mimic patina.
You can see how the Gala Glitz (mini gold beads and glass shards) clings to any exposed glue and adds sparkle.
Just love how this card turned out!
I hope you've enjoyed the look at my Steampunk card, I had so much fun I might need to make another one!