I decided to combine 2 things I've wanted to try - colouring something Antique white and colour co-ordinating with unusual coloured background papers. This is the finished result from my experiments, which I was totally thrilled to have accepted for PUBLICATION in the Feb 2011 issue of Vamp Stamp News.
Copic Markers used:
- Dress - E40, E42 & E43 + Blender pen
- Hat/ Shoes - G40, G82 & G94
- Shawl - E70, E71, E74, R81, R83 & R85
- Skin - R0000, R00 & R11
- Hair - E43 & E47
Stamp Pads used:
- Memento Black ink,
- ColorBox Chalk pads in Chestnut Roan and Dark Moss,
- Versafine Olympia Green,
- Brilliance Moonlight White,
- Distress ink - Antique Linen, Old Paper, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Black Soot
- Creative Expressions unmounted plates – Elegant Ladies and More Trees
- Stampscapes – Curvilinear road, Cloud space, Foliage (sm), Cabin small
- Making Memories: Magnetic Text stamp set 'Explore'
Other items used on card:
White Gel Pen, Stamp positioner, Champagne pearls from Joy Crafts, patterned papers, green Bazzil card, Martha Stewart Iron Gate Punch, assorted ribbon, Collections mini tag, Glossy accents
What I did:
- Stamp Elegant Lady onto white x-PressIt blending card, using Black Memento ink. Colour with copics as listed.
- Mask image, and sponge on layers of Distress inks, beginning with lightest colours and adding darker colours to edges and around masked image.
- Using Chestnut Roan, stamp Curvilinear Road over bottom half of card, try to place lady's feet at appropriate placemon path.
- On right side of card stamp small tree from Creative Expressions, in Dark Moss chalk ink onto background, stamp off ink onto scrap paper for lighter image. Use stamp positioner to guide placement of all background images.
- Stamp larger image of same tree onto left side of card using Dark moss chalk ink.
- Stamp cabin stamp on left using Chestnut Roan chalk ink.
- Using small foliage stamp and Dark Moss chalk ink, stamp foliage over lower edges of card, right and left sides. Switch to Versafine Olympia Green ink and stamp more foliage over right and left - this change of ink gived the illusion of foreground and background.
- Stamp Cloud space using Brilliance Moonlight white ink, and while wet smear with a cotton bud.
- Use Dark Moss and black soot to darken edges and any areas which are too pale. Then remove mask.
- Mount onto trimmed patterned paper, which has been punched on the bottom edge with Martha Stewart 'Iron Gate' punch.
- Mount this onto complimentary patterned paper, and then onto green Bazzil base card.
- Adhere champagne coloured mini pearls to top right edge and ribboned tag to lower left. Tag has been coloured using same ink colours as background, stamped with 'Explore' in Memento black ink and covered with Glossy Accents.
- Finish by accenting with white gel pen.
View the tutorial on Vintage White colouring below: