To enter into the prize draw, you must visit each blog on the hop
and leave a comment at every stop.
On Monday, March 18, 2013 we will pick one winner who will receive a
$10 gift certificate to the Sweet Pea Stamps store!
Sweet Pea Stamps Blog - start here
The image I was challenged to use for the hop is Hemlock from the Rebecca Sinz collection, this is available as a digi stamp or in rubber and is part of a beautiful series of images featuring flowers, created by Rebecca Sinz.
While at first I found the thought of colouring one large face a little intimidating, I could practically hear my Copic instructors voice in my ear (thanks Mandy-Lee) and I decided to try out something she suggested. I like to think of this as the 'Just-Go-For-It' technique! I threw my normal blending and colouring techniques out the window (well mostly) and layered colours, dotted, flicked, colour blocked and added heavy shadows which incorporated mauve and even green and grey, to add depth and interest. In spite of a few tiny hiccups which I'd try to avoid next time - I love how this ended up. Amazing what you can do when you stop focusing on what you should do and just let the Copic markers do most of the blending!
Copic Colours used on image:
- Hair: R22, R24, R27, R29, R59, N3, N1
- Skin: E0000, E000, E11, E21, BV000
- Lips: R59, R27, R22
- Background: N5, N9, YG11, YG13, YG17, YG67
- Eyes: G16, YG25, YG11, C3, N5
- Ribbon: YG11 & YG61
Items used on card:
- Image 'Hemlock' from Sweet Pea Stamps
- Double sided Foam Mounting tape from X-Press Graph-X
- Liquid Pearls: Orchid & Avocado
- Stickles: Star Dust, Distress Stickles - Black Soot & Glitz Stickles - Ruby Slippers
- Flowers from I Am Roses
- Papers from The Paper Temptress: Basis Olive and Eclipse Black 100
- Decorative paper from Bo Bunny's Back to Blacks: 12" Enchanted
- Dr Ph Martin's Bleed Proof White paint
- Spellbinder Dies: Decorative Labels Twenty Two and Fleur De Lis Squares
- Ribbon Ideaology: Lavish Trimmings coloured with Copics YG11 & YG61
- Tiny Bottle - 7 Gypsies
- Wooden Word Charm: Red Lead Paperworks coloured with Distress Stains: Forest Moss & Bundled Sage and Ranger Paint Dabbers in Willow & Lettuce
- Foliage Die cut by Fancy that - Leafy swirl
- Flowers coloured with Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabios - Ruby Red Slipper & Rizzo's Rowdy Red
I really enjoyed creating this card and colouring in a way I have not previously tried. While a little scary to just 'go-for-it' I have to say I'm totally thrilled with the results. Now for the photos...
I hope you have enjoyed this post and don't forget to leave a comment here and on the other blog hop stops to be in the prize draw.
May your day sparkle,