OK I just had to do this, I received my new Tim Holtz Stickles and had a beautiful photo of my Grandmother, just begging to be used... this is the result.
- Cardstock: Tablex, Bazzil
- Rub-ons: Basic Grey, Chatterbox
- Stamps: Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz #V4-1096, PSX Affirmations #K-3237
- Ink: Ranger Distress Inkpad, Versamark
- Other: Judikins Amazing Glaze, photo on matte card, chipboard swirl, Distress reinkers, Distress embossing powder, Distress stickles, scissors, Opals embossing powder , Krylon gold leafing pen, pearl buttons, adhesive pearls, spritzer bottle with water, heat gun, brown cotton thread, Glossy Accents, paper trimmer, damp paper towel/baby wipe, rock salt, shallow plastic tray and acid free double sided tape.
- Stamp white Tablex card (160mm x 160mm) with Stampers Anonymous Carte Postale stamp and emboss with Amazing Glaze clear embossing powder.
- Stamp white Tablex strip (160mm x 70mm) with PSX Affirmations stamp and emboss with Walnut Stain Distress embossing powder. When cool, rub over the embossed areas with your finger to remove the distress crystals – these will feel a little like sand.
- Lay both pieces of card embossed side facing up, onto a flat plastic tray and spritz heavily with water.
- Apply 3-5 drops of each Distress Reinker to square card: Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen, Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord, spritzing between colours.
- Apply 2 drops of each Distress Reinker to the rectangle of card: Frayed Burlap, Antique Linen and Milled Lavender, to create a matching pale pastel strip, spritz between colours.
- Sprinkle rock salt over the square card and leave to dry overnight. When dry, rub off any large salt crystals and wipe embossed areas with damp paper towel to remove excess colour, then carefully trim off any salt crystals that have formed on the edges of the square card.
- Edge square with Frayed Burlap Distress ink pad and adhere to Bazzil Quicksand backing card (160mm x 160mm) to create a base page.
- Tear pastel strip lengthways to create two strips, roughly 160mm x 30mm each. Edge strips using Frayed burlap Distress ink and then use Milled lavender Distress ink to highlight torn edge.
- Mount pastel strips onto Bazzil Quicksand card 160mm x 35mm with edges torn to match pastel strips and apply Milled Lavender Distress Stickles along torn edge and Frayed burlap ink to straight edges.
- Adhere one strip 5mm from top and the other 5mm from the bottom of base page - torn edges towards the centre.
- Trim tinted photo to measure 52mm x 78mm and edge with Frayed Burlap Distress ink. Glue photo to left side of Bazzil Quicksand card (70mm x 85mm). Edge card with Frayed burlap ink and apply Chatterbox Brown ‘Chippy’ rub-on letters along right hand side to spell Virginia. Apply Basic Grey ‘Wholy Cow’ white rub-on corner flourish to top left of photo panel.
- Sew 4 pearl buttons along lower right side of photo and randomly decorate between buttons with Kaiser Self Adhesive Pearls.
- Adhere photo panel to the right side of the base page, as per example photo.
- Ink top of Maya Road chipboard flourish using Versamark ink and coat with 3 layers of Abalone Opals, heating between each layer. While still warm, sprinkle Sandstone Opals onto top half of flourish and Lavender Opals onto bottom half, heat to set. When cool, edge flourish using Krylon gold leafing pen.
- Glue flourish to left side of base page, in line with photo panel, using Glossy Accents.
- Decorate the centre of the flourish with a line of self adhesive pearls and leave entire page to dry for at least 60 minutes on a flat surface.
- Distress Reinkers produce gorgeous vintage looks for Scrapbook pages, wonderful for all those difficult to match hand tinted family photos.
- You can use the water from the spritzer to move the Distress ink around on the page by spraying in the direction you want the colour to move, this can create a more pleasing effect.