I bought this fantastic Kenny K digi-stamp a while ago but haven't found a project to use it on until now. When I saw the Skull Appreciation day Blog Hop advertised on Smeared and Smudged and the free digi stamps on offer I KNEW I had to use the 2 stamps together, I pawed over my new papers and ribbons from The Paper Temptress and saw a new challenge on Stamp Something and another on Kenny K's Krafty Girlz and it all came together! Turns out this was also perfect for the CMC Copic Challenge Group theme of folds and pleats.
I love that this image is cute and trashy all in one, made it sooooo much fun to colour in and don't you totally love how gorgeous these cardstocks look - grungey and gothic (but still with a little bling)! You might notice I've used the Eclipse Black 100 as the base for this, that's because it's the first and ONLY card I've ever been completely confident in - so far it hasn't mattered how many flowers or metal embellishments I attach, this stuff doesn't collapse under the weight! I've tried so many types of base card and this is my absolute favourite ever. The other one I have to mention is the Gray 80# Basis - for those who haven't seen it - it's an excellent match for the 'W' series gray copics - plus it matches those aluminium screw-head brads perfectly.
What I used:
- Devilish Donna from Kenny K.
- Winged Skull Shield freebie from Smeared & Smudged
- Card & Ribbon from The Paper Temptress
Gray 80# Basis card
Amethyst Mica card
Eclipse Black 100 card
Black Opulence Ribbon
- Donna Salazar Fairy Dust Glitter - Mixed Berries
- Flowers from -Wild Orchid Crafts
- Glitter on flowers: Black Soot Stickles and Thistle Fine Glass Glitter
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Diamond Plate
- Edging Die - Die-namics Scalloped Die
- Brilliance Ink Pad - Starlight Silver
- Zig 2 way Glue pen
Copic Colours Used:
- Hair: Black '100', C7, V95 & V99
- Skin: E000, E00 & E02
- Eyes: V01, V12 & V15
- Dress: V12, V15 & V17
- Boots: W1, W3, Black 100, V12
- Boot BuckleV000, s: V01 & V12
- Wings (skull shield and Donna): W0, W1, W3, V01, V000 + Blender
- Skull: C1, C3, V000 + Blender
- Shield: C0, C1, C3, C5 & C7
- Ribbon: V000, V01, V12, V15 + V17
- Airbrushed flowers: C9, BV11, V12, V15 + V17
- Spica pens used to add highlights: Clear, Lilac, Lavender
What I did:
- Colour both images with copic markers as listed above.
- When dry add a little spica for some bling.
- Cut out images leaving a small white border around each.
- Apply layer of glue onto Donna's wings and while wet cover with Fairy Dust Glitter.
- Cut purple and gray card to size, shape edge with edging Die and then use embossing folder to emboss pattern onto purple card. Rub Brilliance ink pad over raised pattern to enhance.
- Assemble card layers as shown in image, adding ribbon, images and copic airbrushed flowers.
- Use foam tape to raise shield from background slightly.
- Finish by adding a touch of glitter to the flowers.
So onto the Skull Appreciation Day Blog Hop, below is a complete list of all the participants (make sure you start at Terra's blog so you find out all about the awesome prizes!). The entries will be available on the 4th June (keep in mind the 4th varies with country). If you've come here from Helen's Blog you are on the right track and should be heading over to Fiona's blog - 'I Don't Do Straight' next :O)