Wow where did September come from - I can't believe how fast this year is going! Well I'm here with another project for the Lindy's Stamp Gang monthly Color Challenge - this one is for the month of September.
The colours for this month remind me of Autumn / Fall or an outdoor bbq party - they are bold, fresh and upbeat! Now you know by now I find these Color Challenges well quite challenging!!!! This was no exception as orange and yellow are on my least favourites list, which left green, red and turquoise - all the makings of a bad Christmas card! So I decided to use the green, turquoise, orange and yellow and see what I could come up with....
I have to admit - I like it - I like it - I like it!!!!!! Sparkly, grungy, a little bit of a mess - right up my alley!
I also have to confess to being inspired by Donna Downey - this page uses some of her amazing ideas. I've been taking Donna's Inspiration Wednesday classes and while I don't play along each Wednesday I do watch and learn!
You may want to know what on this page I learned from Donna? Well.......
1. Being brave and adding Extra Heavy Gesso on top of your almost finished page - yes take a deep breath and hope you don't muck it up before doing this!
2. Adding black paint into a Fine Line squeeze bottle so you can draw, add handwritten text etc to your pages. For my little twist on this I've discovered I ADORE painting bold lines in matt black gesso and then adding lines with the fine line black over the top, you get an amazing contrast between the matt gesso and the slightly raised glossy paint in the fine liner!!! Click the image below for a closer look so you can see what I'm talking about!
3. Squishing thick gesso into a stencil to create raised textural elements - even raised words.
So even though I don't create a page from every lesson - I am listening and learning Donna I promise and I'm enjoying every minute :) I'm also loving how the matt black gesso makes the Lindy's Starburst colours totally POP off the page - a match made in heaven!
My finished page looks like this, seriously sparkly and gorgeous!
On this page I also used:
- Tim Holtz - Bubble and Chevron
- Stencil Girl -S114
- Crafters Workshop - mini Specimens, mini Flying Geese, mini Insoire and Mini Art Is
- Coffee Break Designs - Birds on Wires
- Versafine Onxy Bland and Brilliance Moonlight White
- Golden Gesso - Black
- Liquitex Gesso - Extra Heavy White
Are you going to create something and enter the challenge this month?