This week I'm trying my hand at a one layer card - I almost made it too, but couldn't resist adding a touch of black to make the colours pop. I decided to use Magicals from Lindy's Stamp Gang, but this would look just as gorgeous with watercolours or even Distress Stains! The key to this is the watercolour paper, without
The key to this technique is the watercolour paper, without it the colours won't be as nicely blended and you may end up with 'pills' on your paper - so make sure to start with a nice smooth watercolour card stock.
For me I couldn't live without a little 'sparkle' so Magicals it must be!
The Lindy's Color Challenge for April had several combination possibilities, but I chose to use purple. blue and pink.
Lindy's Stamp Gang Products
- Magicals: Witch's Potion Purple, Wisteria Purple (you could use Batchelor Button Blue) & Pretty in Pink Pink
- Stamps: Art Journey - Nature Flowers & Stampendous - Vintage Contract
- Ink Pads: Archival Ink - Hydrangea and Delicata - Silver Shimmer
- X-Press It Stencil Sheets (my new favourite stencil material!)
- Arches - Smooth Watercolour Card 185GSM
This is how my Magical one layer card turned out...
and if you tilt the card you can see the shimmer from the Magicals.
I'll be posting the instructions for how to create something like this for yourself on April 6th, so check back then!