I know it's nowhere near Halloween - but this card has been waiting in the wings for a while and I just had to post it :) Even if you don't like Halloween - you will have to LOVE the Albrecht Durer Watercolor pencils from Faber Castell - just watch the clip - they are amazing!
Why do I like these delicious pencils so much? Well firstly you can use them as a pencil to get a huge variety of effects, but with the swish of a wet brush they turn from soft and subtle to intense and vibrant. You can layer them like pencils or paint like watercolours, you can scribble on scrap card and use it as a portable palette. You can use other mediums (like pencils) over the top for extra special effects and colours. You can use them on plain card or watercolor card and they produce the same gorgeous results! AND my personal favourite - no harsh lines and they blend like a dream.
In the image below you can see a few different ways I have used my Albrecht Durer Watercolor Pencils:
- The background is a light wash
- The clothing is rough application of pencil to mimic fabric
- The lace was coloured in layers to imitate sheer fabric on top of skin
- The green was applied as a more vibrant denser application for colour pop
- The hat is also done in layers of colour to look like the light from the pumpkin as shining on it.
- There are a few more ideas over on my Pinterest board.
- Sweet Pea Stamps: Pumpkin Light
- Faber Castell Albrecht Durer Watercolor Pencils: Burnt Sienna, Walnut Brown, Black, Paynes Grey, Cadmium Orange, Orange Glaze, Terracotta, Light Cadmium Yellow, Light Green, Earth Green Yellowish, Light Flesh, Violet, Manganese Violet, Middle Phthalo Blue.
- Prismacolor Pencils: Black, Burnt Ochre, Steel, White, Marine Green, Chartreuse, Peach, Dark Purple, Orange, Light Peach and blender
The clip shows how I achieved the different effects with the watercolor pencils and goes over some basic techniques that you can use.
Now for a thankyou - I have met some truly amazing people on this journey that is my life and 2 of them sent me some Halloween goodies all the way from the home of Halloween - the USA - sending big thankyous to Sara and Denise for your generosity which made this card possible!
PS - this was my first time working with feathers - I think my cats liked them more than I did lol.