Hmm you can tell when I'm working on projects for a craft show, as the blog goes rather quiet. I've just returned from Melbourne Paperific and I will be posting a few of the projects I created over the next weeks. Up until recently making tags didn't interest me all that much - now I can't make enough of these beautiful little treasures, I've even considering making Christmas tags instead of Christmas cards. Today I thought I'd create a tag using an array of beautiful flowers and embellishments from Prima - OK so it's a great excuse to get pretty and use some of those fabulous flowers I buy and then ummm sit there and admire - sigh yes I'm a Prima hoarder!
What you will need:
- Prima Products
Flowers: Gillian Silk Flowers - Raspberry and Louisa May Alcotts - Bubblegum
Prima Black Lace from the Almanac Twill Ribbon set
Prima Wooden Buttons from Almanac Collection
- Distress stamp pads: Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint
- Dylusions Leaf stamp from set 'Further around the edge'
- Kaisercraft 12 x 12 Paper from Tigerlilly Collection: Coral
- Manilla tag from Inkssentials
- Self Adhesive Pearl
- Zva adhesive pearls
- Sickles - Stardust
- Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool
- Glossy Accents
- Collections Word Accessories sheet
- Leaf ribbon - Green
- Honeydew Twine from the Twinery
What I did:
- Tear paper and adhere to tag - use both sides for added interest, allow glue to dry and trim off any overhanging paper.
- Using blending tool, apply Shabby Shutters ink around edge of tag, I coloured about 1cm around each edge. Then apply a darker layer to the very edge using Peeled Paint ink.
- Ink leaf border stamp using Peeled Paint ink and stamp over top section of tag.
- Glue black lace across where the 2 paper patterns meet. Thread twine through wooden button and tie in a knot, use glossy accents to glue wooden button to lower portion of tag.
- Choose the flowers for your tag, play with placement of flowers and leaf ribbon, then use glossy accents to glue in place.
- Add adhesive brad to centre of one small flower and layer stickles around brad.
- Trim excess lace and seal ends with glossy accents, cut cardboard word to size, glue onto tag and add a layer of glossy accents over the top to create a shiny raised effect. Leave flat to dry for a few hours and you have an embellishment looking something like this.......
I hope you've enjoyed this post, why not give one of these cute tags a try yourself, go on bust out the Prima you've been hoarding, it won't get more valuable with age and it's not worth more 'in the original packaging' :O)
May your day sparkle,