Choosing the colour scheme for my craft room - this was the easiest thing I've had to do this month. I have black storage drawer units, I have green drawer units, I have white walls and I have purple folders. So my colour scheme is black, white and green with a tiny bit of purple as an accent. This might explain why I liked this craft room so much, it's almost where I want to be... I also have kind of a thing for damask patterns.
I've been thinking about how I can use all of these colours and this is my Pinterest vision board - Cruise in Chartreuse, as lime green/chartreuse is the green I have - and honestly I kind of like how fresh it looks. I've found putting all of the ideas, looks, things you like is really useful as you can see patterns - I see damask popping up constantly. It also is great to look at to get a feel for what you want - I seem to be after light, fresh and airy.
So I'm going to combine black and white damask, with the lime green, and add a few random touches of purple and this will be the colour scheme for my room. What am I going to alter to fit in with this new look:
- Walls - nope already white
- Table - currently brown, I am recovering this with whitish laminex and painting the remaining sections with white enamel paint - I may get fancy with the drawer section
- Storage folders - I already have some while folders, so I will decorate some fancy spines to add to these, in my chosen colours and spruce them up a little, and go from there.
- I have some purple embellishment folders - I will make new labels for these in my chosen colour scheme so they fit in a little better
- Art in room - a bit random, my Nefertiti painting will move to a new home and be replaced with something I have decorated in my new colour scheme
- Bookcases - 1 is already black, I don't know I can do a whole lot to the other 3???
- Storage units - currently many green/black/cream units - all a bit mismatched - will move and reorganise these to try and make better use of space - perhaps I can throw away a few when I'm finished - it will be the odd colours that don't fit in!
- I've also bought some black damask flocked paper - I'm planning on using this as an accent - not sure where, but it is gorgeous - so I'll use it somewhere.
Questions to ask Yourself?
- What can you do in your room to 'bring it all together'?
- Are there colours in your area right now that you can use?
- Is there something you can't change - but could alter other things to match this?
- What are some cheap simple options for altering items, so it looks unified without costing a kidney?
- Are you attracted to any particular patterns?
- Do you have 1 thing (furniture or art) that you really love, could you use this as the basis for your colour scheme?