This has to be one of my favourite Christmas cards that I have made - sorry but I only made the one and it went to my Mum. This one is a combination of - 'I wonder what would happen if' and 'wow I love that stamp' the result is a somewhat vintage Christmas card with a little bit of cheeky mixed in.
What I used:
- Distress Ink Pads: Festive Berries and Black Soot (on Santa), Walnut Stain and Brushed Corduroy (on Background)
- Copic Markers E02 and E11
- LaBlanche Stamp - Santa #1049
- Define Naughty stamp
- Lablanche Specialty Stamping paper
- Teresa Collins - World Traveller 6x6 paper pad
- Maraschino - Red and white striped twine
- Prima Poinsettias: Holiday Celebration Joy
- Prima Parchment Petals flower
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Spray - Ruldolph's Red Nose
- Brilliance ink: Pearlescent Chocolate
- Crafter's Workshop Template: Cosmic Swirls
- Spellbinders Label dies No 2
- Magnolia Doohickey Die: #4 Leaf and swirl die
- Ice Stickles: Stardust
- Glossy Accents
- Red and brown Bazzill Card
- Water in spritzer bottle and paper towel
What I did:
- Using Brilliance ink, stamp LaBlanche image onto LaBlanche specialty paper and heat set.
- Colour main image using Distress ink and Copic markers.
- Using Foam Distress Ink Applicator tool apply Walnut Stain and Brushed Corduroy Distress inks to background area of image as seen in photo - let dry completely, can heat set if desired.
- Lay template over coloured image and VERY LIGHTLY spritz over background with water, immediately pat liquid from image with clean, dry paper towel. This should leaver lighter areas (as seen in photo) and darker areas where image was protected by template.
- Lay Prima Parchment Petals flower onto scrap paper, spritz with water and then while wet spray with Starburst Spray (Rudolphs' Red Nose), add a little more water to make sure dye colour moves and leave overnight to dry.
- Trim Teresa Collins card to size, wrap twine around left side and tie off in a bow. Glue TC card to brown bazzill card and mount panel onto red base card.
- Create label from card offcuts using Spellbinders label dies.
- Adhere LaBlanche image to red Bazzill card, and mount onto base layers. Trim Prima flowers from vine and attach flowers and other embellishments as show.
You can see how I created my beautiful Swirly Background below:
I've entered this card into the following challenges:
- Magnolia Down Under Challenge - Red, White & Gold colour combo challenge
I know no Tilda on my card but there is the Magnolia swirl die!
- Hooked on Craft Challenges - Christmas with anything punched or die-cut
- Make It Monday - Anything goes
- Truly, Madly, Craftly - Christmas themed project
- Forever Friends - Roses are Red Challenge