OK one small thought has led to a new favourite technique. I've bought some Pan Pastels and have yet to really use them, I also had some beautiful soft white Velvet Cardstock (which I've been hoarding) from The Paper Temptress - I figured I'd play with both and WOW what amazing results!
What I used:
- Cardstock from The Paper Temptress
White Velvet Card
Amethyst Mica Card
Epic Black Thick Columns
Ribbon - Olive Green
- Stamps from:
Darkroom Door - Thinking of you from String Sentiments set
Hero Arts - Delicate Blossoms
- Pan Pastels: Ultramarine Blue (+ shade), Violet, Pthalo Green, Permanent Red, Diarylide Yellow and Bright Yellow Green (+ Shade)
- StampIt Ultra fine black embossing powder
- Judikins Eclipse Tape (masking tape) to create frame edges
- Flower Soft: stems, glue and colours Lilac and Lavender
- Archival Ink Pad - Jet Black
- Versamark Watermark Ink Pad
- Workable Fixative
- Stickles: Distress Crushed Olive, Distressed Bundled Sage and Star Dust
What I did:
- Mask off area to be coloured using Eclipse tape - I tore mine in half and put the torn edges towards the centre to make it more interesting.
- Stamp poppies in Versamark ink and emboss.
- Colour the poppies using Pan Pastels - I used the tip of the triangle soft tool to apply the colour.
- Using flat surface of triangle soft tool tip, colour around the stamped images with Pan Pastel - applying several colours and blending directly on cardstock.
- Spray with Workable Fixative to set Pan Pastels.
- Apply Glossy Accents over poppy flowers to create gloss effect.
- Stamp text and create flowers from flower soft and flower soft stems. Coat text with thin line of glossy accents.
- Layer onto complimentary card stocks and finish with small olive green ribbon.
I have entered this card in the following challenges:
- Challenge #128 Flower Soft, Felt or Chunky Glitter on Creative Belli Blog
- TTC03 Touch Twin Challenge Florals Part 1 on Touch Twin Markers Blog
- Sugar n Spice and everything nice on Fairy Fun Fridays
- Week 18 Flower Power on Glitter Geeks Blogspot
- Challenge 99 Sparkle n Shine on Kraftin Kimme
- Favourite Color Combination on Paper Sundaes Challenge blog
- Inspired by Embossing on Creative Inspirations